Wednesday 19 January 2011

Pasta

I have a toy, called a pasta maker. My ambition is to redesign the Ravioli dish so it's edible.

To this end, I make sheets of fresh pasta and I fill it with stuff, then I make an entirely unsuitable sauce for it.

I would like some help. My filling, which works for me, is this:

Spring onions, garlic, ginger, chilli, seasoning, all chopped up really finely and fried in hardly any oil, slowly, until just going gooey. Then I chop up prawns (raw) and add them until pink.

While this is happening I make the pasta. I fill it.

My two sauces so far have been these:

 a tomato-based one, a reduction sauce, with some herbs and spice and a bit of wine.

 a white sauce, with mushrooms, and some chopped smoked salmon and dill.

Both were really good, neither went with the pasta.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment